Thursday, July 17, 2003

Why the hell doesn't it rain in Arizona??? Today is the first cloudy day we've had since March, and everyone is hoping it will rain, but I'm thinking not. It's so dry here that I keep getting sinus infections and headaches from breathing in nothing but dust. Now, as a person not familiar with the ways of weather systems and the reasoning behind our wacky planet, I would think that the way we have weather at all is by clouds and wind drifting around our atmosphere. So how is it possible that as soon as any rainclouds approach the area high above Arizona, something in them says, "Ummmmm......... Nah!!!!" and floats the other way. Do these clouds have compasses and maps? Have we (meaning people in Arizona) somehow wronged these storm clouds? If so, what did we do to piss off our environment so much? I totally get that we can't have snow, I get that the leaves don't change color here, and that the summers are so brutally hot you can burn your fingerprints off by touching anything left in the sun for more than 5 minutes. But can't we at least have a little bit of precipitation? I think someone up there is trying to kill us.

No comments: