Tuesday, July 22, 2003

This one's for Rob,yo!

Hey everybody! It's been a while, whell i can't whrite when I have nothing to whsay! My brain's been on auto pilot for the past few days, I've been a little sickly, and haven't slept very much. Too much fun staying up and watching the Golden Girls on Lifetime. What can I say, I love my Rose Nylund, y'all!

ANYCRAP, I just went to Arby's to get a turkey and swiss market fresh sammich and cheese fries. On my way back to the office I saw this business woman I didn't recognize violently tugging on the door to my office. Because of the business I am in, we have a lot of security so you have to be buzzed in, you can't just open the door. There's all these magnets that you have to de-activate to release the locks on two sets of doors, and there are two cameras catching your every move. On the wall by the door there is a call button so you can let us know you're there and we can let you in, but this lady was obviously missing the obvious. I know I should have done the considerate, professional thing, and asked her how I could help her, and who did she need to speak with, but I didn't. Even though my cheese fries were gettin' soggier by the minute, I decided to hang by the elevator and watch for a bit, and see how long it took her to figure out there's a call button. She never did. She just kept tugging on the doorhandle and making angry remarks out loud to no one, like "This is ridiculous!!". Yes ma'am, it is entirely ridiculous that we have our precious "security" system, when someone who's obviously so important as yourself shouldn't be forced to obey our petty "rules" to gain access to our million dollar stock of jewelry and gems inside. The nerve of us, not letting Barbara Bitchfist come and go as she pleases. Ridiculous!!
Eventually she gave up and slammed open the doors adjacent to mine, stomping into the neighbor's office like she was gonna kick some innocent bystander ass. I took this opportunity to buzz myself inside as fast as possible, trying to get in without being seen. I failed though, because right as I was closing the second door, I saw her come running up and knocking on the glass. Always the courteous "sweetheart" that I am, I shut the door and pretended not to see her. I announced to the other people in the office to "check this shit out!", and we all watched on the security camera as she frantically slammed her manicured fists on the glass door, yelling something we could not hear. Finally Tony was the big man, and he pushed the Talk button.
Tony-"Can I help you"
Bitchfist-"BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!"(apparently she doesn't see that the Talk button and the Bell button are two seperate things.)
Tony-"Hello??"
Bitchfist-"BZZZZZ! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! BZZ! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!"
Tony-(sighs) "I'll be right out"
We watch as he goes outside and talks to the woman, who then storms off in the opposite direction as Tony comes back inside. Turns out Bitchfist had the wrong office.*
*Note: On our glass door is a rather large sign at eye level, with black, easy to read letters announcing: Mayfield's Inc. Suite 209

You know, it only takes a second to calm down and survey the scene. If it doesn't say D.D.S. or Dentist on our sign, and if you don't see a smiling cartoon molar holding a toothbrush, chances are you're in the wrong goddamn place! Man, wise up!

No comments: