Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Hey, my computer's all fucked up today! It keeps randomly shutting down like a cheap whorehouse. Anyway, I'll try to type fast, so here goes.
I read an article today about how they(yes, the ominous "THEY" are at it again! You read it here first!!) are opening a school specifically for gay students in NYC. Am I alone in thinking this is a bad idea? Aren't they encouraging segregation by doing this? I think that the acceptance of gays is much better than what it once was, but to me this is as stupid as opening a school for black kids, or asian kids. Can you imagine the controversy that would cause? This is like saying, "Yeah, we get that you're gay, so we'll pretend we respect you so much that we are willing to generously give you your own school, when really, we just want you the hell away from our 'normal' kids.". Although I DO remember being in class and one of my teachers asking, "Does anyone in here feel attracted to their own gender? Hmmm. Then you're gonna have a bitch of a time understanding this algebra problem...".
Okay, off my box of soap now.
Onto my other topic: RAISINS. When's the last time you saw someone eating a little box of raisins? For me it was probably 1st grade, Mrs. Maxon's class, snack time. Not that there's anything really wrong with raisins, they're okay I guess, but who eats them?? I can honestly say that not once in my adult life have I seen anyone carrying the little red "Sunmaid" box with the hot chick on it, eating the small brown gems on their way to work, or the shoe store, or the bank. And if nobody is eating raisins, why are they so many at the grocery store? There must be a lot of old ladies making oatmeal raisin cookies out there, then, cuz otherwise I'm stumped.

No comments: