Monday, May 02, 2005

I've been looking for a job for a while now, and have been turning to the internet mostly. So far I've come up with nothing, so yesterday I decided to get the Sunday paper. I figured there HAD to be more jobs listed in there right? Well, after scouring through not only the Art/Design section, but EVERY section, I came up with a grand total of exactly two (2) jobs to apply for! WTF? One of them I'm pretty sure I'm in no way qualified for, but I still faxed over my resume this morning, maybe I could slip through the cracks and get hired anyway, b/c Fender would be a cool place to work. The other one is an assistant to a graphic designer, and I think that one might be cool.
But the job market here in Arizona is so competitive. Most of the graphic design jobs are only part-time or temp work, and I really need to work full time if I ever want to make it out of this shithole city. I guess I can go for 2 different part-time jobs, but even those are very hard to come by, and they only pay between $10-$12 an hour. Woo-hoo! Look out, here comes Miss Moneybags!
So that's my dilemma. I know I shouldn't do this to myself, but every once in a while I check the job listings for my line of work in NJ, and there's usually about 4 or 5 that sound totally perfect for me. And that's just in Jersey, I haven't even glanced at NY yet. *sigh*
Oh well, I'll just keep looking and eventually something will come up, blah blah blah.
In other news, I think that the Runaway Bride needs to get her head checked, and she also needs to have some kind of charges pressed against her. Or maybe she should at least pay for all of the time and effort that the local police and volunteers and friends and family spent looking for her crazy bug-eyed lying ass.

(And by the way, nice neck.)
I also think the whole situation is sort of funny. It just goes to show the lengths some women will go to just to NOT be honest with their boyfriends/husbands. Just tell the guy you don't want to marry him. I bet you this guy was like, "Honey, is everything okay? What's wrong?" all the way up to the day she took off, and her answer the whole time was,"Nothing!". Good work, lady. Faking your own kidnapping was so much smarter, now he gets to be completely humiliated not only in your inner circle, but all over the nation. Very smart.
Well, that is all. Have a good night readers, and if you see me at the grocery store, try not to stand too close to me in line, because I like my personal space, and I don't want to have to give you a dirty look.
Thanks.

5 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

The runaway bride looks like a fruit, anyway. And the fact that the guy was like, "I still want to marry her" makes him even fruitier. Bet he's secretly gay.
Also, I am panicking! Where's my blog? It seems to have just disappeared. Has anyone else who reads these things experienced a white screen for no good reason? Help. OhgodHELPme.

lengli said...

Lisa - if your blog doesn't miraculously disappear and Blogger support is not supportive, you may just want to choose a new template. You will probably lose what's in your sidebar, but your posts should still be there at least. Poor blog, come back to us!

theghosher said...

Lisa... just post a new post.. that's what happened to mine. I could go to blogger.com, sign-in, make a new post and then publish, and viola, your blog is back!

Lisa Armsweat said...

Thanks Ghosh, it worked! The saints be praised.
These comments can hereby return to the regularly scheduled Trish comments.
"Hey Trish, more like Runaway PRIDE, huh? huh? Yeah, huh."

lengli said...

That picture of the Runaway Bride covered by that blanket inspired me to incorporate some Michael-Jackson-visits-South-Park action at me own blog.

"No, Blanket, stop, you're being ignorant!" is what I say every time I see that photo. Tee hee.