Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Last night I saw Unleashed, which was really good. I liked it even more than I thought I would, and I already knew that I'd like it alot. Jet Li proved he can act and kick people in the head, and Morgan Freeman proved once again that he is the coolest man in the world.


Lisa and I still discuss which movie-president should become our actual President. Usually we both side with Independence Day's Bill Pullman.
..."stolen beers taste better...."
Not only has Bill Pullman been in some awesome movies (Spaceballs?) but he kicked some serious alien ass in Independence Day. I doubt George W. would climb into a fighter plane and get up there to shoot down some UFO's. Clinton--maybe, but definitely not Bush. Bill also broke his own finger and robbed a liquor store in Mr. Wrong. But now I think my imaginary President vote will have to go to Morgan Freeman(Deep Impact President), who has always been a close second anyway. It's not that I don't love you in Newsies, Pullman, but Morgan Freeman has won me over with his grace and sincerity. He was also awesome in The Shawshank Redemption. See, here he is, already running for the White House.

Freeman in 2008! What is his stance on health care issues, or gay marriage? WHO CARES! He was in Robin Hood, for god's sake! He's also in the new Batman movie, which is going to be fucking rad.
Movie President-finally an election I give a damn about!

6 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

I am with you on the Morgan Freeman For President in '08 campaign trail. He was the only thing that didn't blow in Deep Impact. In the middle of the stupid turmoil, there was President Freeman calmly taking on the situation. No one does it better. He's Moorish, after all.

That first picture you posted of MF with Jet Li was the same one I happened to see online one day last week and I thought, "Man, he looks like he could be Speedy Parker." If ever a person could be Speedy, it would be MF.
God Bless him.

Lisa Armsweat said...

Your blog *still* looks funny-- there's a huge space at the top of the page (you need to scroll down to see your entry from yesterday).

Fix it, you TURD!!

Little Silver Stars said...

Is that better? I don't know what I did, but I did somethin'. I can't tell because it shows up the same as it always does on my computer, with no space at the top.
Oh well.
p.s. You're a dumbass. Have a good day, Dumbass.

Little Silver Stars said...

Hmm. Good Point.
Maybe he's overcompensating for his lack of a deep, powerful, manly voice by kicking people in the chest?

Caroline said...

I was and so excited to see a Newsies reference. It is by far the most underwatched musical ever! I am going to go look for a ceiling fan to spin on while I sing King of New York. My very favorite, however, is the song Santa Fe. When Christian Bale fale rides a horse during the musical interlude it is so cheesy that it is cool.

Little Silver Stars said...

Awww YAY!! a fellow Newsies fan!
Keep the dream alive, Sweetface, and don't be scared of Brooklyn!!