Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I feel like today has flown by, leaving me just really dazed and confused. I didn't sleep well last night, and I feel like a zombie because of it. I thought it was about 1:00 before, only to look at the clock and see that it was a little after 3. Not that I'm complaining! I like it when time flies at work, and then I can go home and.....I guess zone out. Hmmm.
This weekend was fun, I got a tan, drank some rum and cokes, and saw "Star Wars" again. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanatic all of a sudden or something. Lisa wanted someone to go with since Greg is away, so here I am!
Anway, Friday night Kane and I went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. It was so cheap!! I can't get over how much food both of us got for $18.00. There was a huge line of people waiting when we got there, so we put our names in and just killed time looking at all the random shit they had in their "Country Store". Needless to say, Lisa is getting some wierd shit for her birthday this Friday! Anyway, after the novelty of the crap store wore off, we went outside to wait in these big rocking chairs. Here's Kane playing with some toy from the crap store.

You can see the determination on his face.
Here's me squeezing my ass into a kid-size rocking chair, although this picture came out so weird it's hard to see.

I like it, it's like some strange art photo that I don't understand.
Anyway, we finally were seated and our waitress came up to take our drink orders. She looked at Kane, and gasped.
"Oh my God, did anyone ever tell you that you look like Johnny Depp?".
This happens a lot, and it never bothers me, since it's usually a fleeting comment and I'm not some insecure girl who thinks every chick who talks to him is hitting on my boyfriend. But this girl would not shut up!!! For time's sake, I'll compile all her comments into one paragraph:
"Oh my god, you look so much like Johnny Depp, that's so COOL! It's like, your EYES and your....this!" Waitress makes motion around her mouth, I think she meant Kane's goatee."It's just so cool!! You must hear that all the time! The only person people say I look like is Princess Jasmine from Aladdin. You look SO much like Johnny Depp! Here's your soda, Mr. Depp! Tee Hee!!"

She also had another waitress help her bring our food out (yes, anyone would need help with 2 plates!), and the two girls looked at Kane, then exchanged glances, and whispered to each other as they walked away.
Here's how this crap was making me feel:

Anyway I'm over it now, but how would you feel if someone was just drooling all over your boyfriend/girlfriend, like, "You are so HOT. I can't believe how hot you are!"? Not good. And there you sit, like a hideous troll, with the waitress acting like, "Wow, what's he doing with HER?". She never said this of course, but that's totally the vibe I got from her. Anyway, Kane cheered me up, and I made myself feel better by teasing Kane relentlessly about all of this. Then when we came out of the restaurant there was a huge dust storm going on, so that was cool. Arizona never has any weather, so when we get some wind or some lightning, it makes me so happy.
All in all, it was a good night. I give Cracker Barrel a thumbs up, wait staff, thumbs down.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I don't think he looks like Johnny Depp, and I think you're hot. Whatever.

Lisa Armsweat said...

Dad would say he looks like "Johnny Dipp".

"I don't want to hear anymore about anyone blowing ANYTHING out of their ass."

Lisa Armsweat said...

It's 12:30 in the morning and I was just thinking: I admit to being sad that you mentioned there was no big barrel there, and no crackers. I hate false advertising as much as I hate lupus.

One more thing: Kane does NOT look like Johnny Depp. Let's end this right now.
Two words: Skeet. Ulrich.

There ya go. Now we're making what the French would call "progress."

Little Silver Stars said...

Skeet Ulrich??
Ok, now that's just MEAN.