Monday, May 23, 2005

This Saturday I went to a fashion show by Angela Johnson, called "Sideshow Freak in the Padded Room". It was crrrr-azy! (Thanks to Robert for letting me hijack his camera, since I left mine on the kitchen counter, along with a ton of other stuff I wanted to bring.) Here's my friend Dayna, who was basically the centerpiece for the whole show, with her awesome blue ringlets and kick-ass walking. She got to wear the big finale piece, this cool dress that had lights in the bodice and a huge flouncy skirt.

I definitely enjoyed the theme, although I can go the rest of my life without hearing "Coin Operated Boy" by the Dresden Dolls again. The entire 1st half of the show just had that song looped over and over again. Thank god for the room-temperature Chardonnay, or it would have really bothered me. Anyway, here's a better picture of Dayna, looking super hot with a dead bird on her head.

We watched the show from the balcony, which was slightly less crowded and had a much better view of the whole show. Afterwards, I was talking to Dayna's husband Josh, just asking him about how it feels to have all these people drooling over his wife. He told me that he was kind of scared to date her at first, but now that he's over it, it isn't so bad. But he did say that at one show, Dayna was walking, and Josh was sitting in the 2nd or 3rd row. As she walked past him, she gave him a cute little smile and a wink, and Josh said that these two guys in front of him starting freaking out, like, "DUDE!! Did you see that?? She totally winked at us! She wants us, Dude!! Maybe we should try to get her number after the show!!!".
Um, they didn't get her number.
Anyway, yesterday we met up with Josh and Dayna and Robert, Brianna and Jen, and saw Revenge of the Sith. I am not the biggest Star Wars fan, and I can say with all certainty that I strongly disliked Episodes 1 & 2. Strongly. If it wasn't for Yoda, I'd say I hated them. I also have a major problem with Hayden Christensen's voice, and how he talks like Kermit the Frog, and how he looks at Natalie Portman (Pad-a-MAY!) like he's going to rape her.
But I actually really liked Revenge of the Sith! It was good!! Of course it still has it's problems, but overall it was everything the other 2 movies should have been. It was much easier to follow, and there was more action and a lot less endless scenes talking about "The Republic of the Council which the Prophecy foretells of an Alliance of the Council of Republics of the Prophecy....".
I give this movie a B+. It would be an A if the dialog wasn't so bad. Most notably the whole scene where Anakin and Padme debate over who loves who more.
"No, I love YOU."
"No, I love YOU!"
"I love you more!!"
"No I love YOU MORE!!"
"No, you hang up!"
"No you!"
"No YOU hang up..." etc, etc, etc.
Oh, another thing I really enjoyed was this vampire-looking guy and his hacking cough:

3 comments:

lengli said...

Did the people in your theatre laugh outright at this whole ordeal?:

"You're so beautiful."
"Only because I'm so in love."
"No, it's because I'm so in love with you!"

Because the people in my theatre sure did.

Little Silver Stars said...

Yeah, that's the scene I was referring to, with the "I love you more!" type thing going on. I still don't buy that those two have ANY romantic feelings for each other. Not. Buying. It.
Also, how about the big dramatic "NOOOOOO!!!" towards the end? I don't want to say what scene in case someone reading this hasn't seen it yet. But I think you know what I'm talking about. I just covered my face and starting laughing.

brianna said...

Aww, Pad-a-may... Heheh.