Thursday, May 26, 2005

This morning I got to work to find my office covered in "congratulations" confetti and balloons on my desk.

This is for my five year anniversary at my job. Yup, five years ago today I began designing jewelry. To celebrate, my boss bought lunch for the entire office from NYPD Pizza, and got me a big cake that read "Thanks for 5 Fabulous Years!" although "Fabulous" looked more like "Falafel" somehow. She also gave me a ring, which is one of my all-time favorite pieces we've even made, which they found out thanks to Taryn's slick detective work. Which was basically "So Trish, which ring do you like best?". Very smart, I never figured that one out. (I'm also a little bit retarded....shhh, don't tell anyone!) Anyway, my ring is Purple Tanzanite and diamond, set in 18kt white gold. It's beautiful!

The irony in all of this is that today I handed in my resignation letter.
Maybe my cake should have read:
"Thanks For 5 Fabulous Years!......now be out in 30 days."

1 comment:

Lisa Armsweat said...

Did you have to clean up your own celebratory confetti? I hope the 'hired help' did it, not you.

"Up, up and a-wa-ay in my beautiful, my beautiful ba-LOOOOON!"