Wednesday, March 31, 2004

This morning I was on my way to work, driving down the street with the window open, when a big bug hit me in the fucking neck. It just got sucked into my car as we were flying by each other in opposite directions, but it was gross and it kinda hurt. Then I spent about 5 minutes going,"OH!!!! EWWWWWW SICK!!" out loud and trying to check to see if it fell down my shirt or on my lap or something. I didn't find it, so hopefully it's not just biding it's time under the passenger's seat, nursing itself back to health so it can fly right at my face at 5PM when I get back in the car. Fucking bugs.
That's one thing I have always feared, things flying at my head. Like in gym class, no matter what sport or game we were playing that week, I always managed to somehow get hit (or narrowly missed) by the ball, puck, birdie, whatever. Also, my friend Sara Marsh had these two cute little finches when we were kids, and they were totally adorable hopping around their cage together, but whenever she let them out, they flew right at my head and freaked me out. They suddenly became two heat seeking missiles out to perch in my hair or something, those evil things!
I hate that feeling of making that "I'm gonna get hit" face, when you get a worried look on your face, then half-shut your eyes, and pull your head back really quick. Is this the way we prepare for disaster? If nuclear war happened, and I saw the big flash, is this what I would do? Probably. I'd be frozen in my tracks, and close out my life with a "Hey, umm, is that gonna hit me??". Well, it's definitely what I would do if a piano fell on me. Nuclear war, I'd probably try to hide behind a door or something. You gotta try, you know? What would Bruce Willis do?

No comments: