Monday, March 29, 2004

Okay, today I have a problem. I feel sicker than sick. Like "I'm gonna puke any minute" sick. Normally this is not a big problem, I can just go home from work early and put my pajamas on and toss and turn in my bed all day, clutching my stomach and crying to Fizzie, who just looks at me blankly cuz he can't understand english and has no way of getting me a glass of water or a bowl of soup. However, this is not a normal day, because my boss is in London right now. That leaves only me and Tony in the office, and Tony is sick too. We're both trying not to vomit this morning, and boy is it NOT fun. So if I leave to go home, he can't and if he leaves, I can't. There is no one else who can keep the office open, and if I close the place early, my boss will have a fit. I sent her an email telling her the situation, but if I don't hear back from her, I guess it's me and the garbage can until 5. Yuck.
There's nothing worse than throwing up at work. Well, okay there probably is worse stuff, but throwing up at work is still pretty bad. We don't have a bathroom in here, we have to go outside and use the building's bathroom, which is locked so you have to have a key. But before you even get over that hurdle trying to hold your vomit down, you have to get outside through the security doors, which take a good 30 seconds to get through. Doesn't sound like much, but when you're pukin', every millisecond counts. Plus since it's the buiding's bathroom, there's always a chance that someone will walk in on you, and then you feel all gross and self-conscious about someone hearing you throw up. It's times like these that I wish I lived in a "Berenstein Bears" book. Momma bear would put me to bed in my old-timey striped pajamas, with a thermometer in my mouth and a hot water bottle on my head, and bring me chicken noodle soup and cover me up tight with a big ole' fluffy quilt. Maybe I don't wish this actually, because nature is unpredictable, and my big grizzly bear Momma might turn on me. Bears can be mean.
Well, I think I'm getting delirious so I'm just gonna go now.....

No comments: