Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I was looking at tvguide.com this morning and I found this about the Pier 1 commercials:
Thom Felicia from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is the new spokescelebrity for Pier 1. I thought Thom was nice, but that evil queen has stolen what was left of Kirstie Alley's career. That's just wrong! Did Pier 1 have to fire Kirstie? Couldn't they just put her on TrimSpa like Anna Nicole Smith and make her dress more modernly, instead of wearing those crazy Renaissance-festival gowns?
Now, I don't necessarily agree with the guy who writes the "Watercooler" column on that site, but I'm just really glad someone besides me and Lisa noticed Kirstie Alley's bizarre dresses. She definitely put on a lot of weight, and wearing wierd "Colonial Woman" costumes just makes her look so much worse! Don't they hire wardrobe people to prevent this kind of assault on our eyes? The other thing is, Pier 1 doesn't even sell colonial or renaissance style stuff. If they did, maybe it would make some sense, but all they have in that store is modern or oriental-themed stuff. I'm glad Kirstie's gone!! She just annoyed me way too much, and in fact made me want to shop at that store even less than I already did.
I also want to mention I am glad Pier 1 chose what's-his-name instead of blond what's-his-name from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". I don't watch any of these designing shows, and the two episodes I've seen of Queer Eye didn't impress me in the least, but thank GOD they didn't pick the young, gay Ed Begley Jr. with the bad Meg Ryan haircut. I don't think I could watch TV anymore if that guy appeared every 10 minutes. It's guys like him that give gay people a bad name.

No comments: