Friday, March 19, 2004

Damn you, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, you've done it again. Wednesday night I taped the new South Park, so Kane and I could watch it together. Last night after we finished filming with Lisa and Mandy, Kane came over and we watched it. It's called "Fun With Weapons", and most of the episode is drawn in Japanimation, because Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny buy some real ninja weapons from a guy at the fair, and whenever they play "ninja", they become these big, muscle-man type characters and the screen turns to letterbox format. It was such a well-done episode, those guys at South Park really know how to parody stuff. Anyway, there's a fight scene between the boys and some of their friends, and there's this techno song with Trey Parker singing in japanese, but there's a few lines in english, and that song is stuck in my head SO BAD today. It's like,"Hey hey let's go! Kikatsu! Ichi Okanawa Protect my Balls!". I don't think those are the words they were singing, but I can't remember what they were and "ichi okanawa" sounds about right.
Speaking of japanese, the other day Kane and I went to lunch together at "Nothing but Noodles". I ordered a bowl of mac-n-cheese, and Kane order Spicy Japanese noodles. But when our waiter brought us our food, he said in this really loud, almost aggressively cheery voice, "Spicy Jap?". I could not even look at Kane or I would have burst out laughing. (Did I mention Kane is asian?) I bet the guy must have felt pretty stupid or something, because it just sounded so racist coming out of his mouth. Kane joked around that he should have said,"Actually, I'm a spicy Filipino!". That would have been funny. Probably just to us though.

No comments: