Friday, March 11, 2005

Son of a bitch. My stupid Yahoo account still won't let me send email! I don't know if it's just my computer or what, but every time I write a nice long email and hit 'send', I get a message saying there's an error on the page. This friggin sucks, because I've had a lot to say. Maybe I'll try again later.
I realized today that something really bothers me. It's really stupid, but I realized I hate hearing someone eating something really crunchy, like potato chips, especially if it's really quiet in the room so that's all I can hear. It's no fault of the chew-er, but it's like nails on a blackboard to me. I try to put on my headphones, but I can still hear it. I guess it's a dumb thing to let get to me, maybe I'm just being overly critical, or maybe I've just been in a bad mood all week.
So someone asked me whatever happened to the Shitting Bandit. I can only say I wish I knew, my friend. I haven't seen hide nor ass of her for many months. Maybe someone caught her, or maybe she just fulfilled her duties (or doodies). Either way, I'm still on the lookout for her, and I promise the first thing I'll do is write about it. After I call everyone into my office so we can point and laugh, of course.
I guess a lot of stuff has been going on lately, so here's something else that's new: as of last Saturday, Kane officially moved in with me. I have to say that so far it's been great (and I promise I'm not just saying that because you read my blog, Punkin.)! I was kind of nervous to live with a boy, me being a girl and all. I'm also pretty sure I can be an annoying roommate, and I was a little worried I'd freak him out or be a bitch to him or something. But so far it's smooooooth sailing. Especially since I talked to him about how I felt, and he basically felt the same way. I'm guessing that's the key to keeping everything cool with us. Last night I cooked us our first dinner as roommates (I made spaghetti with garlic bread) and it came out very yummy indeed. Now it's his turn to cook, and that shit better be good or it's Bye Bye Birdie.
Another thing that's been happening is one of my toes is all fucked up. The toe next to my big toe on my left foot started hurting on Sunday, and it just kept getting worse and more swollen until I couldn't really walk on it, and I couldn't even sleep with the sheets on because it hurt too much to have a sheet touch it. I went to see my doctor on Tuesday, and she told me I have a very bad infection in the tip of my toe. It starts at the very top and goes deep under my nail. She said it's a really unusual place for an infection, and she can't imagine how I might have gotten it. (I thought it best not to tell her about stabbing my toe with H.P. MacRudenthicket's Old-Timey Infects-a-Lot a few days back.) I was a little worried she was gonna pull out the clippers and just lop my poor little toe off, but she didn't. I'll spare you any more gross details about my toe, but she helped make it feel better, and gave me some antibiotics to help with the infection(although sadly no pain killers. I guess a toe is too minor for that.), so now my toe is feeling much better. At least I'm not limping around like a gimp anymore. So to celebrate my toe feeling better, last night I bought myself a brand new pair of girlie shoes to celebrate. I can't wear them yet, but maybe over the weekend.
My point is, you don't think about something as unimportant as one of your toes, but when one gets infected, it's like the end of the world. Either that or maybe I'm just a pussy.

2 comments:

Little Silver Stars said...

Yeah, I went to Brookdale! 13th grade baby!
What's your name? Did we have a class together or something?
Small world.

Anonymous said...

haha, i fucked up my big toe on my left foot. last summer i dropped a huge suitcase (i'm talkin a 50 pounder) on it. i just thought i hurt it, since it was ok after a few days. i then took off the black nail polish, and low and behold, it was a bloody mess. i squeezed the blood out, and then about another week later it started to hurt like crazy. seems i killed it. i never fully fell of, but it got infected, i was given antibiotics, but that only sort of helped.

long story short (or long really), it didn't stop hurting till about 2 weeks ago or so. it's almost all grown out now, and looks almost normal. funny thing is, the summer before i somehow screwed up the nail a bit and it was just before i killed it again that it was getting better.

danm big toenails for taking a year to grow out. i will never again take my toes for granted. now i'm afraid to run around. i just know as soon as it's all better again, i'll repeat this cycle.

be careful with your toes people, you never know how bad it sucks not to be able to walk normally till you kill yours.