Thursday, April 22, 2004

What up G? Last night Lisa came over and we had a hell of a time. We watched a ballet (which we finally figured out was supposed to be "A Midsummer Night's Dream") with the sound off, and instead blasted music by System of a Down, Snoop Dogg, Master P., song parodies from South Park, Schooly D., and William Hung. This is a game we've been playing for as long as I can remember, we each take turns flipping through the channels to find wierd stuff that goes along with the music. Last night, though, the ballet seemed to go along perfectly with everything, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The best part was when this little guy wearing a donkey head came out from under a tree just as the opening to "Murder was the Case" by Snoop came on. "What's up Niggaz?". Also, William Hung's version of "Rocket Man" was a favorite. We listened to that one twice.
Then we watched "South Park". I think it was one of my all-time favorites. It was called The Jeffersons. "Mr. Jefferson" moved to town with his young son, Blanket, and all of his toys, zoo animals, and carnival rides. He kept breaking into song, he played a great game of "Got your nose!!" with Blanket, and he even climbed a tree with the boys of South Park, and sang a song which sounded an awful lot like "Have you Seen My Childhood?". I was really hoping my girl Marie was watching, because she and I have a special place in our hearts for that song. I think it was probably back in 1993 or something, and we were listening to music in her room. I had brought over some tapes, and one of them happened to be a single of the song from "Free Willy" that Michael Jackson sang. I think it was "I will be there". Anyway, we noticed there was another song on the back of the tape and I had never listened to it, so we popped it in. I think we played it about 10 times in a row, and laughed until our stomachs hurt. To this day when we talk, one of us usually asks, "Have you seen.....my CHIIIIIIILDHOOOOOOOD???"
CHILDHOOD by Michael Jackson
Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for the world that I come from
'Cause I've been looking around
In the lost and found of my heart...
No one understands me
They view it as such strange eccentricities...
'Cause I keep kidding around
Like a child, but pardon me...

People say I'm not okay
'Cause I love such elementary things...
It's been my fate to compensate,
for the Childhood
I've never known...

Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like pirates in adventurous dreams,
Of conquest and kings on the throne...


If you've never heard it, you are in for a treat, my friend. It's all slow and dramatic, and it's supposed to "touch your heart". That song kills me. Especially if you listen to it while doing an "interpretive" dance with one of your best friends, ballet-style. It's even better if you put lipstick all around your mouth. Too funny.

No comments: