Thursday, April 15, 2004

So today I'm having my car fixed. Kane helped me get it to the dealership this morning, and now Tony will drive me back to pick it up in a little while. Turns out there really is something wrong with my car, since it stalled out 8 times (no exaggeration) on my way home from getting the oil changed last night. Anyway, the dealership told me there were two major things that needed to be done with the car, and that it would cost about $550.oo. I don't have that $$$. I called my dad, and being the awesome mechanic he is, he told me that one of the things they said needed to be fixed actually didn't need to be fixed. They were trying to sell me unnecessary stuff, and my dad caught them. So I called the guy at the dealership back and told him that I didn't want both repairs done, and of course he didn't admit he was wrong, he just said, "Okay, but I don't know how long your car will last without it....". Fuck you, Mr. Liar. Daddy says my car will be fine.
So instead of $550.oo, I am only paying $334.oo. That kicks ass!! My dad rules!
If you are reading this and you are in the New Jersey area, take your car to my dad's shop for repair. He's nice, and honest, and he won't try to cheat you. JTL (Stands for Jeff, Tricia, Lisa) Automotive in Keyport. Thanks Daddums.
:)

No comments: