Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I never liked The Beach Boys. They drive me nuts, actually. When I hear their mellow surf-tunes, filled with long, lingering harmonies and high notes, it makes me mad. Maybe mad is not the word, but it definitely raises my blood pressure. Know what else I hated? When The Beach Boys would appear on "Full House" and jam with Uncle Jessie. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but didn't the Beach Boys (or at least just Brian Wilson) hang out with the Manson family? They used to jam with Uncle Charlie and his "family, before they killed Sharon Tate. That's the Manson family, not The Beach Boys. I swear I saw it on at least 2 E! True Hollywood Stories.
Here's some thoughts on "Full House":
1. "How RUDE."-Stephanie
2. "You got it, DUDE."-Michelle
3. "Are you gonna finish those pancakes? I'd like to eat them, then go tease my bangs..."-D.J. (alright, I can't remember her catch phrase)
4. "Have merrrrrrcy!"-Uncle Jessie to either his wife or his youngest neice. Hmm.
5. "Insert Bullwinkle impression or jackalope here."-Uncle Joey. Then punch yourself in the throat. Hard.
6. "Gotta clean stuff! I'm always cleanin' and stating the obvious!"-Dad Danny Tanner
Kane and I always liked when they would have a sentimental moment on the show, which usually took place in Uncle Jessie's room with one of his 3 nieces (Hmm.). The music sounds like someone fell asleep on a keyboard, it's just one really long note. It's true, if you flip through the channels and come across Full House, leave it on for a minute. You won't have to wait long. There's always some bullshit going on, like Michelle's goldfish died or D.J. got date raped or something. Before you know it, they all file into Uncle Jessie's 50's rock-themed bedroom, and someone gets a hug and the music is just, "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...".
Good day to YOU!

No comments: