Tuesday, January 24, 2006

You know that Kenny Rogers song, The Gambler? Of course you do! Anyway, the story that Kenny's singing about totally happened to me once. Except the train was not bound for nowhere, it was heading to Matawan. And the guy who gave me all the cool advice didn't die, he just fell asleep. But to make it match up with the song better, I killed him. No, I am just kidding. I really just punched him in the mouth twice.
I never got to eat at a Kenny Roger's Roasters restaurant, maybe they're all closed down. But I bet their chicken was pretty good.


You'd think with all this talk about Kenny Rogers, I'd be listening to some of his music. But actually I'm listening to "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. Funny, huh?

1 comment:

Lisa Armsweat said...

I could go for some Kenny Rogers, m'self. Music, Roasters, whatever. I'll take it. I'm just thinking about Dave Letterman, sitting on a couch, eating waffles and listening to "Lady" while staring a framed picture of KR on the wall. Outside of Babs, the cooking maniac lady, and anything Chris Elliott did (including The Cable Pulling Guy), that was one of my favroite Letterman moments ever.