Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ahhh, Elvis background. I love you, Elvis. You can keep me company when I blog.
So last night Lisa came over and I cooked her dinner. I made spaghetti with my special homemade sauce. Mmmmmmmyummums. While we were eating, we watched American Idol. I know, I know. I still HATE these shows, I promise, but I do enjoy the bad auditions at the beginning. They're the only things worth watching in my book. Anyway, there was this awesome guy named "Flawless", and he wore really loud pajamas and owned a housecleaning service. I don't think I can describe him quite accurately enough to make this funny, but when he was interviewed on camera about his business, he said,"Our slogan is ummmmm....Uhhhhhhh...when you come home, ummmmmm with your home, your house will, uhhhhhhhhh smell like......it's gonna smell like a paradise. Yeah.". Then he proceeded to repeat this to another nerdy guy there who was selling some kind of floating coasters, and sang "If I Only Had A Brain". Swear to god. They both talked about how they are entrepeneurs. It was classic tv. There was also a shot in the preview of the next episode of this big fat man/woman/thing with green hair and a green shirt, and Simon laughing and telling it,"You look like the Incredible Hulk's wife!!". Lisa and I were laughing so hard we both peed on my floor. Okay, that's a lie, but still, it was funny.
We also saw a few minutes here and there of Skating With Celebrities. About as much as we could stand, although Todd Bridges IS quite popular with us! But as we watched it, it hit me, doesn't this seem like something right out of UHF?? Even the commercials do and everything! I bet when Weird Al made that movie, he had no idea that one day tv would really be like that.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Mr. TODD BRIDGES (except I would pronounce it tOad brEEEyes)!

4 comments:

Paul said...

I liked Raul's Wild Kingdom where he pissed off the ants and taught poodles how to fly.

brianna said...

That totally made me think of UHF too! Its like every time I think the stupid tv show idea is the dumbest thing they could possibly think of, they come up with something else. Yet Arrested Development can't stay on the air? Poop.

Maybe if we wrote letters to the network demanding more of their quality programming, we might actually get a show like Raul's Wild Kingdom! (only if Raul hosted though)

I have to admit, I watch the audition part of American Idol as well. Nothing past that, but its really entertaining to see those crazy people make fools of themselves.

Lisa Armsweat said...

"Meeeester Toad Breeedyess!" I can't stop saying that, and making it more and more foreign-sounding every single time.
Good times. I love ya!

Jen said...

Hey, what was the name of Arnold's goldfish?