Friday, June 17, 2005

OK, long story short: the past 2 days have sucked. Well, aside from seeing Batman last night, but more on that later.
I got home from work yesterday to find a message on my machine that my storage unit at Shurgard storage had been broken in to. I called them right away, and had them check to see what was left. Everything is gone with the exception of two boxes of Halloween decorations, one box of Christmas decorations, and a signed poster from the Broadway cast of "The Secret Garden". Everything else is gone, including my iMac computer and my Barbie collection(this was worth a ton of money, since it was all of the Holiday special edition Barbies, dating back to about 1988, and still in their original boxes.). There was also a lot of other boxes and stuff, mostly filled with sentimental value-type stuff. :(
Luckily I had insurance on the storage unit, but still, I don't know if it's going to help at all. Today I ended up taking the whole day off, so I could get up and go over there first thing this morning to take an inventory of what is missing. I made my recorded statement to the insurance company, then, after a wonderful break to go to the DMV (yay!) I had to wait around all day for the police to contact me so I could meet up with them and make my statement for the police report. They didn't contact me until around 4, so my day was pretty much just wasted sitting around doing nothing. This friggin sucks.
I want my stuff back!!! I hate knowing that there's some stranger out there going through my personal property and just completely disregarding my privacy. I tell you one thing, if I find out who did this, and they happened to put their dirty hands on my favorite christmas decoration that my grandmother made that was in one of those boxes, then I'll be writing this blog from prison 'cuz I'll kill that motherfuck!!
Grrrrrrrrr.
P.s. Loved Batman, hated Katie Holmes and her too-far-apart eyes and mushmouth.

5 comments:

Matthew said...

That sucks Trish.

In high school someone broke into our house on Halloween and stole a strange assortment of stuff, including all of my CDs. Also, right before Christmas of this year, a package my Mom had sent to us was stolen off our doorstep. The package had Diana's presnt from my parents (which was relatively easily replaced) but also had a lot of old family (ie, Mom-made) Christmas decorations she was sending down for us.

It's so awful to know that someone else has taken your stuff, and more than likely has no appreciation for most of it since the real value to you is sentimental.

On the other note, good luck with your insurance. If they should get difficult try to remind them that they are *your* representative and you have been paying them all this time. And if they're still dicks, then give me a call and I can give you the number for Arizona's Department of Insurance. That always works, too.

lengli said...

Trish, that sucks so bad, I'm so sorry that your personal stuffs got violated like that. If you ever find out the jerks are in NY, I promise to personally give 'em a rumble.

As for Katie Holmes, words cannot express my hatred. TomKat, please go AWAY FOREVER.

Brooke said...

God, that's just awful. I hope the cops find the jerkoffs who did that. If they do, it looks like you have a whole tribe of bloggers who are outraged on your behalf.

You know, actually, there's been this sort of horrible string of bad luck on the blogosphere -- first you, then lengli gets sideswiped by a drunk. What the hell is next?

lengli said...

And the Gemini horoscope was supposed to be so good for this week!

I am royally pissed off at astrologists right now.

Little Silver Stars said...

Thank you for all of your support, everyone. I keep remembering more and more stuff that was in there, like my huge collection of South Park toys, and it keeps fueling my anger. I think we should form a "Don't Fuck With Bloggers" Alliance, then we can fight crime together!! Or-- we can drinks some beers and bitch about it.
Either way, Don't Fuck With Bloggers!