Tuesday, June 21, 2005

In the midst of all the craziness that has been going on lately, I completely forgot to post about something hilarious I saw on Thursday night.
We were watching Batman Begins, and the theater was pretty crowded. Jen, Kane, Skip and I were sitting behind these two boys, who were probably about 12 or 13. You know that awkward stage. Every time we see a kid around that age, Kane and I love to point out that he's always wearing big black sneakers. I don't know why it is, but for some reason boys at that age have big, clunky feet that are too big for their bodies that look like they haven't learned how to walk smoothly with yet, and they wear the most gigantic black sneakers they can find. It's true, try to check it out if you think of it. I swear that like 9 times out of 10, the kid plodding through the mall, who conveniently moves right in your way as you try to navigate around him to pass him is wearing huge black sneakers that make his awkwardness shine like a suit of armor.
Anyway, about 1/2 way through the movie, one of them gets up to go to the bathroom (I assume, I didn't follow him or nothin'). He sees that the rest of the row is full, and rather than try to push past all the people, he decides to just climb over the back of his seat andwalk out of our row. He clumsily swings one leg over the back of his chair, loses his footing and *SMACK*- he violently drops down onto the back of the seat and catches himself right in the balls! As someone who doesn't have balls, this even made me go "Ooooo!". The kid froze there for a few seconds, and hardly made any sound at all, aside from a quick intake of breath followed by a small, pained grunt. Needless to say, all 4 of us just happened to be looking in his direction when Operation:Ballpuncture happened, and we all burst out laughing so hard we had tears coming down our faces. We tried to be quiet about it and NOT laugh in this poor kid's face, but I don't know how successful we were at that. It's so sad, but when the kid finally came back and climbed back over his seat again, I was just thinking, "Come on, come on..... pleeeease slip on something...".
Being in such close proximity to someone getting clocking the nuts is sooooo funny! At least, someone I don't know, that is.

3 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

As I read this, I automatically had the Benny Hill theme song in my head. Honestly, that song can make anything even more hilarious. And it should probably be our national anthem now.

Robert said...

Now, I'm going to find myself looking at all male tween's feet to see if they have black shoes.

Diana said...

Poor kid! The same thing happened to me at the movies last week. Well, except I don't have any balls. Our row was completely empty, but there was so much soda on the floor that my shoes stuck to the ground and I couldn't walk. My options were to either walk through all the goop barefoot or hop the row. I got one foot over, but the second foot got stuck in the soda and I was sort of stuck straddling the back of the chair (yee-haw!). Eventually my shoe broke apart and I got over.

Not as good as your story, but I can still sympathize with that kid's nuts.