Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Good evening ladies and gents.
As I sit here in front of computer, I remember a poem that my father used to recite in my younger days. It was from this book he had that was written by John Lennon, and it goes like this:
Good Dog Nigel by John Lennon

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
Our little hairy friend,
Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
Arfing round the bend.
Nice dog! Goo boy,
Waggie tail and beg,
Clever Nigel, jump for joy
Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel.


The thing is, I didn't think John Lennon had a sense of humor. But I guess he did, because I think this poem's pretty funny.
Another thing my dad used to say is, "WHO LOVE DA DOVE? WE ALL LOVE DA DOVE!". Then he'd laugh to himself. I never found out what the hell that means, but we'd all laugh anyhow. Laugh and laugh and laugh.
Then our heads exploded.
Hey, when I do a google search on my dad's name, this comes up. Yay dad, rebuilding engines! WE ALL LOVE DA DOVE!

3 comments:

kat said...

i dont think i get the who love da dove? thing either. that nigel poem is great tho. my favorite line is "arfing round the bend."

Little Silver Stars said...

Yeah, I'm gonna have to ask my dad what the hell "who love da dove" means the next time I talk to him. He probably doesn't even know though. We're a non-sensical family!

Lisa Armsweat said...

I do know that all that talk of dove-love in our formative years sure made us fond of the lil' birds.
Also, remember when Dad kept saying "Dirty Dingus McGee" as we drove up near Mingus Mt? Oh, that Dad was quite the strange fella.