Tuesday, April 05, 2005

If you've been reading Lisa's blog, you've heard the endless speculation about the Pope.
But here's a little Pope trivia for y'all:
He co-wrote the lyrics for Elton John's 1970's hit "Crocodile Rock". Check it out:

I remember when rock was young
Me and Suzie had so much fun
holding hands and skimming stones
Had an old gold Chevy and a place of my own
But the biggest kick I ever got
was doing a thing called the Crocodile Rock
While the other kids were Rocking Round the Clock
we were hopping and bopping to the Crocodile Rock
Well!

Crocodile Rocking is something shocking
when your feet just can't keep still
I never knew me a better time and I guess I never will
Oh Lawdy mama those Friday nights
when Suzie wore her dresses tight
and the Crocodile Rocking was out of sight
But the years went by and the rock just died

Suzie went and left us for some foreign guy
Long nights crying by the record machine
dreaming of my Chevy and my old blue jeans
But they'll never kill the thrills we've got
burning up to the Crocodile Rock

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH-WAAAAH!
WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH-WAAAAH
WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH-WAHHHHH!
In Jesus's Name, Amen.

4 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

I did some research and found out the Pope was also instrumental in the creation of the groundbreaking show All in the Family, and reportedly modeled Edith after his own mother, and Meathead after his younger self.

lengli said...

Little known fact - the Pope was instrumental in carving Lionel Richie's likeness out of clay for Richie's "Hello" video, and also had a small cameo as a student in Lionel's acting class!

Little Silver Stars said...

Ha! I was unaware of his carving skills, truly he was a Ranaissance man.
After much research, I also discovered he was one of the 10 men who set out in 1941 to find the Lost City of Atlantis. After 14 months of searching(and with little rations remaining), his group came to the sad realization that the City may never be found. He returned from his trip, disappointed, but perhaps a bit wiser.
He never spoke about this incident until his dying day.

Damon said...

Ahh, no, I see the mistake here. What you've gone and done is confuse The Pope with ... Bernie Taupin. D'oh. Look atcha, LOOK atcha.