Thursday, September 11, 2003

I am all alone in the office, for now anyway. Everyone called and said they were gonna be late. Well not me, dammit! I got up exactly 5 minutes before I had to leave, in fact I got dressed in such a hurry that I'm wearing a pajama shirt today. The reason I slept a little late was due to Fizzie (my kitten).
I lock him out of my room at night because otherwise he jumps all over me and meow's with his little scratchy baby voice, and I needs my sleep y'all. But he managed to wake me up around 5 anyway, because he just discovered that he can get mom mad enough to open her door if he claws at the rug. He cries at the same time he does it, and after a while I can't take any more. Plus I lost my security deposit on my last apartment because my other cat tore up the rug. Not this time!! So I got up and let him in, and he ran into my room and jumped right up on the bed, and settled down into the warm spot where I had just been sleeping, and quickly closed his eyes. With a tired groan I slid his little bread-loaf body over and climbed into bed next to him, just praying he would let me fall back to sleep and not get the sudden urge to attack me. Kittens are finicky like that. But I guess Fizz was pretty content, because he put his little face next to my big face and started licking my nose and forehead. He likes to give kissses a lot, but sometimes it starts to hurt, because cats have very abrasive tongues, and even if you push him away he still creeps back over and goes back to kissin'. Kane can confirm this, since he is Fizzie's favorite person to kiss. One time I had to stop him while Kane was sleeping because I didn't want him to wake up with little bloody patches on his forehead. Anyway, I pushed him away and rolled over, but soon I felt his little paws on my side as he climed over me and proceeded to lick my right eyelid. I picked him up and put him back where he was, and rolled back over, then I felt him snuggle into the back of my neck. I think that's about where I fell asleep again, because I woke up to my alarm screaming "My Own Worst Enemy" or whatever that awful Pink song is called. I turned off the alarm and looked over at Fizz, and had to laugh at what I saw. He was fast asleep, but he had a bunch of my hair sicking out of his mouth. I got nervous for a second that I had a big bald spot on the back of my head, but no, it's all present and accounted for. I guess he was chewing on my hair or something while I was sleeping and a few strands came loose. I tried to pull the hair out of his mouth carefully, but he woke up anyway and sneezed, then fell right back to sleep.

No comments: