Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I'm cleanin' house, bitches!
Tonight I went though my closet and got rid of 16 pairs of shoes, and 4 pairs of slippers. Earlier tonight I thought to myself,"Self, you have 4 pairs of plain black boots, and NONE of them fit you right or are comfortable. What the hell is your problem??". After giving myself a bloody nose and later apologizing to myself in the mirror, I decided to unload some of my extras. I don't need 100 pairs of shoes. No one does(unless they have 200 feet of course). Thursday I will drive them over to the salvation army, where they will no doubt provide salvation to all the needy stylish people out there.
I need to do this with my jeans too, because I keep buying more and more pairs all the time, and still none of them fit exactly right except for my one pair from American Eagle. They're the only pair I ever like to wear, but I can't only have one pair of jeans! I'd get kicked out of the girl club for sure! But I think I might do the tough love thing and give away exactly half of my jeans. Most of them I can't fit into anymore anyway, but it's somehow painful to admit that to yourself, and also admit that you've given up hope that they WILL fit again.
So that's what's going on with me. Let's see what's happening in your neck of the woods.....

3 comments:

Matthew said...

There's at least one pair of shoes you won't be getting rid of, you shoe- slipper- and boot-donating fiend. How do I know?

Because the pair is still in the trunk of my car!

Mwahahahahaha! (That's my evil genious laugh, in case you were wondering why you were so filled with terror while reading it.)

Matthew said...

You're on my list now. My "evil genious" [sic] list. ;-)

Lisa Armsweat said...

This post made me think of that group from the 80's-- Nu Shooz.

And, from Cabin Boy..."Hey, really nice shoes, where'd ya--"