Monday, September 05, 2005

I finally finished Robert and Brianna's wedding cake topper!

It's made of fimo clay, lollipop sticks and tulle. And lots of glue. Their wedding is coming up next month, so it's about time I finished it.
Anyway, her head's a little big, and her arms kinda got fucked up, but overall I'm pretty proud of it.
So we ended up doing nothing over the big 3-day weekend. I got so sick on Sunday, and we were supposed to have people over to watch "Evil Dead 2" and "Army of Darkness" that night, but I had to cancel due to impending puki-ness. I think it was either the french toast I made for breakfast, or the poison Kane put in my OJ. One of those two things, probably.
Now it's 11:42, and I should be sleeping since I have to go back to work tomorrow, but here I am in front of the computer. I'm thinking about my job, and how cool it is to finally be doing something I love so much. I haven't really written about it, but I meant to. I know I wrote about starting my new job as a production manager for another company, but I had to quit that job after only 1 week. The amount of work and responsibility that they were putting on me were just not worth the money they were paying me. I also only had 2 weeks to learn the position in and out, and I'd only done maybe 10% of the stuff I needed to do before, so everything was brand new and difficult. I was coming home upset just about every day, completely stressed out and weepy. On top of that, the girl who was training me kept making comments like,"Well, if this isn't something you want to do, we need to know now so we can fill your position.", "We still have all the resumes on file, so if you think you can't handle the position, let us know...", and then the final straw, on Friday afternoon she says,"Well see you on Monday, if you decide to come back, that is!". Now I can take a lot of things, but when I am constantly feeling like they have no confidence in me or my professionalism, I really don't appreciate it. As luck would have it, Monday morning rolled around, and I got a call that the office would be closed for the day, since the air conditioner was busted. So I took the opportunity to go to the bead store and see if they were still hiring, and I had an interview that day, and now I'm working full time at a job I love. It's retail, and I'm on my feet all day, but it's so fun! It's also kind of refreshing to be on my feet, since I was stuck behind a desk for five years, and I think my ass got bigger. Plus the money is better than I thought, and I get benefits. I can honestly say I have zero regrets about quitting that other job. Sure I'd be making more money, but I'd be a miserable person for it.
So that's basically what happened. Sorry it's taken me a while to write about it, but I've been busy so BACK OFF!
Okay, I'm going to bed now. Oh, and I hope you like my new background!! Grrrrr-Argghh!

3 comments:

Diana said...

That cake topper is AMAZING! You should put that on your Web site.

brianna said...

I just want to say that the cake topper is going to be the most fabulous thing in our wedding! I am so excited! It turned out so beautiful! Thank you thank you thank you! Also, I like the new background! And, I'm so so happy that you love your job. :)

Little Silver Stars said...

Thanks guys!!
I was partly inspired by the dress in Corpse Bride, but mostly I just think that's what Sally would wear in her wedding to Jack!
Can't wait to see how it looks on the cake---actually I just can't wait to eat some of the cake. Mmmmmm, cake.