Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Well, this has been a pretty good couple of days so far. Everyone in my office left yesterday morning to go to a jewelry show in Tucson, and I have been left behind to run the office. YAY! I really hate trade shows. I know a jewelry trade show probably sounds cooler than most, but trust me, it's not. First of all, my boss is a huge micro-manager, and at these shows she just goes berserk. She dictates when we sleep, eat or go to the bathroom. Seriously, you can't eat until she's ready to eat, which is never because she just survives on Powerbars and protein powder. Not only that, but everyone walks around in their suits and fur coats, flaunting their fake tans and boob jobs. And most of the men are perverts, and it seems like the main reason they go to the shows is to get away from their wives and have affairs. Yuck. Not only that, but all expensive jewelry looks exactly the same after a while. I only like the $5 necklaces and rings from Claire's boutique, thank you very much.
So this year I'm off the hook. And I get to play music in the office!! This is usually frowned upon, so I'm taking advantage of the situation. Right now I'm listening to Policy of Truth by Depeche Mode and blowing bubbles with my strawberry gum. I've still been getting my work done, but it's really nice to take a break once in a while without someone looking over my shoulder. Except for Stevie, the Invisible Goat. But Stevie don't care. Stevie likes oats.
So I don't know about you, but if I hear one more fucking thing about Janet Jackson's mammary, I'm going to walk to L.A., find her house and knock on the door and punch her fake nose off. I heard about it on my alarm clock this morning, I saw news about it scrolling across the bottom of the tv screen during the news when I was getting ready for work, I heard about it on Howard Stern which made me switch to another radio station, then I heard about it on THAT radio station, and then EVERY WEBSITE I go on says something about it. Please shut the hell up. I think it was very retarded, and I also think the Britney/Madonna thing was retarded, and that Bennifer was retarded, and that kid who played Corky on "Life Goes On" was DEFINITELY retarded.
One can only hope that Adrien Brody will take one of his balls out at the Oscars, so America will have something new to talk about.

No comments: