Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Lisa is home sick from work today. She's got a sore throat, and therefore is sick. She's pretty much the only person who emails me, so I'm very bored. I even did actual "work" for a while there. Shudder. My boss sent me to the post office a little while ago, so that was fun. I hit some guy's car with my door when I was trying to get out of my car. It was totally not my fault though, I tried my best not to do it. But he was parked way over the line, and all crooked. I hate people that do that. Just take the time to back up and straighten out, for Pete's sake.
Once inside, the post office seemed to glow with enchantment and magic. As I pushed open the ornately carved, mother-of-pearl doors, I was greeted by three tiny fairies, who attached a chain of flowers to each corner of my package and gave the chains to four beautiful blue birds. As the birds carried my parcel to a little green elf sitting on a toadstool, the fairies filled out the proper "Airmail" forms and labels for me. Another elf was playing beautiful music on a pan flute while a chorus of white mice sang a soft lullabye with their tiny voices. I was treated to some raspberry tea, served in an upside-down tulip, and some candied plums, dipped in sugar and lime. A white dove invited me to sit on a fluffy cloud, and I drifted lazily as my package was prepared for next day arrival with a signature required. Once my transaction was complete, and I had paid the shipping costs to a small black kitten in a red tuxedo and tophat, the cloud I was resting upon carried me through the opalescent doors to my car, as all the small woodland friends I had just made waved and bid me "Good Day, Sweet Lady! Farewell!". Many people are unaware, but post offices are full of ancient magicks.

No comments: