Friday, February 27, 2004

Has anyone ever heard of the Emu Whisperer? I'm not making that up, I promise. I tried to look up stuff about him on the internet today so I could put a neat little link on my site to it, but I couldn't find a damn thing. When Lisa and I were watching Animal Planet's "Most eXtreme" on Wednesday night, they did a short segment about this old, eccentric guy who is a self-proclaimed Emu Whisperer. He was a dirty, sloppy heavyset old man, probably about 70 or so. The brim of his hat had been torn, and was partially hanging down over the side of his face, (maybe an Emu tore it trying to whisper back to him?), and his clothes looked like they haven't been washed in a considerable amount of time. Anyway, he apparrently hobbles out to a field somewhere (Animal Planet did not specify where) and lays down on his back in the grass and dirt, and raises his legs in the air. He waves his legs around, and knocks them together, and makes a sound like he has something caught in his very dry old throat. If I had to try to type the sound he makes, it would probably be:"KhuuuuuuggggguuuuuhhhhhhhhHHHHk.". It was so funny because the Emus (Emi?) didn't seem to really give a crap about this guy, they were just walking around, looking at trees and stuff, and none of them seemed to understand whatever intricate message this old man was trying to give these animals. Somehow, Lisa and I ended up talking about the old man being Ed Asner, loudly croaking to the Emus,"Suck my dick, EMU!! HEY! Suck it! Suuuuuck it!". Also, the song "Can't buy Me Love" would be playing in the background. I guess you had to be there.
Suck my dick, Emus!

No comments: