Thursday, September 14, 2006

It's been an interesting week so far. It's been filled mostly with the usual bumps in the road, but one thing in particular stands out as odd, especially as the type of thing that only seems to happen to me.
I was hard at work on Tuesday, and around 11:30 I decided to order myself some lunch. I had a hard time deciding between getting a yummy burrito from Taco Del Mar, or a yummy turkey sangwich from The Picnic Company. I asked Toni if she wanted anything from Taco Del Mar, and she said not today, maybe we can save that place for lunch on saturday. Good enough for me, I settled on the sandwich. So I called it in and when it came time to pick it up, I grabbed my stuff and wandered out to my car. As I got closer, something seemed.....not right. My car looked a darker red than usual. Huh? I get closer to discover that someone had covered my poor little Ford with salsa. That's right, salsa. As in Taco Del Mar's signature condiment. Fortunately it wasn't only my car, the car next to me also had a little spicy tomato bath, but still, why my car?? It was one of those moments where you just have to throw your hands up and laugh for a minute because even though it sucked and it was eating away my pretty paint job, it was still a pretty funny thing to happen. I didn't have time to go back in and get stuff to clean it up, since my lunch was ready and the clock was ticking on my break time. So I got in the car and tried to use my wipers and wiper fluid to clean a little of the salsa off my windshield. Bad idea. Crusty baked on salsa now smeared all over the glass, and I could barely see. I drove to Picnic Company with my head out the window for most of the drive.
After I picked up lunch I got back to work and told my boss, who helped me clean off my car with dishsoap and water. Dishsoap is also really bad for a paint job too, so right after work I went to the automatic car wash. Unfortunately I pulled in a little too far to the left, and my wheels got jammed up against the car guides, and I had to keep backing up and driving forward to try to get my car into position, but the cleaning had already begun, so I missed most of it. It just really sucked, but still somehow it was funny.
Anyway, the moral of the story is, do NOT piss off the salsa gods by planning on ordering some yummy mexican food and not following through. You MUST follow through, or you will end up with salsa con Car-ne. End of story. Be warned!

3 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

I like that: Salsa Con Car-ne. Harharhar! :)
How come no one commented on this story yet? I think it's such a strange thing to have happen.
Remember when we spit soda all over that car in the Monmouth parking lot? I still feel sort of bad about that. I wonder if the salsa-thrower will also suffer from years of guilt. Let's hope so!

Naynayfazz said...

Hello Miss Trish. Sorry to hear about the salsa incident. That would've pissed me off too. People are really immature and f'ed up. I doubt the salsa thrower will feel guilty, he/she probably does stuff like this all the time. However, maybe they will get what they deserve some day. Like Earl, I do believe in karma. :) I have to agree with your sis, the salsa con car-ne thing was funny. Good one! :)

brianna said...

I know that feeling! One morning I walked out of my apartment and saw that someone had vomited all over the passenger side of my car! I tried to wash it off, but it wouldn't come off. Then I went through the automatic washer and it STILL wouldn't come off. Eeww. I had to get it detailed. Why did someone think my car looked like it needed to be vomited on? So yeah, I know your pain. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate salsa incident. Heh.