Monday, May 22, 2006

Last night we went to a party for our friend Caroline's birthday at the Arizona Puppet Theater. I guess her boyfriend works there, so they were able to have the party in the courtyard outside, and he's also a DJ so had a table all set up and was spinning some toooooones. It was a cool party, definitely unlike any I've been to before. They had a projector with some puppet cut-outs on it, and people kept moving them or making them dance. It was all projected on the wall of the building, it looked so cool. I tried to take a picture of it, but it didn't come out too good.
Puppt_theater_shadow
We also got to go inside and have a little tour of some of the old puppets used at the theater in the 20's and 30's. I couldn't get over how detailed they were, and how well preserved. Some of them were seriously scary though.
Puppt_theater_Kane1
Here's Kane admiring some of the nightmares, I mean, puppets.
Puppt_theater_2
These puppets were from a 1931 production of "Peer Gynt". If you look closely, the ones in the back kind of look like me and Robert! Scary!
Anyway, the party got too hot(Not hot like, "Awww yea dat's HOT!" but actually hot. Even nighttime in AZ is still 100 degrees.) so we decided to head out early.
Then today I went over to Brianna and Robert's to help finish the Harry Potter bathroom. On my way, I got a pretty nasty flat tire, but luckily it happened after I got off of the freeway, so I was grateful for that. Still though, it was money I didn't plan on spending so that sucked. Also, when I got to the place to pick up my card, I realized I didn't have my credit card with me so I had to pay with debit, which overdrew my account. Ugh. Luckily I was able to transfer some $$ into that account, so maybe I beat those bank people to the motherfucking punch! I hate money.
But I love Brianna's new baby kitten, Sirius!
Sirius7_5-21-06
Here he is after a cool refreshing drink out of the water bowl. Ahhhhhh.
In related news, Fizzie has his own tennis ball now. He plays with it like he's a dog, except he can't carry it in his little mouth. But he loves his ball so much, he can amuse himself for quite some time.
Fizzie_Ball1
OK, enough pictures. Time for bed. I'll write again soon, but until then, keep your pants dry.

2 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

That little green goblin-looking puppet that's next to Kane in that one picture has the funniest face--kind of like an old, whiny Italian man.

It looks like it's about to say, "Aaay! What, you don't like Vinny? Vinny, he's a good kid."

cass said...

This Sirius, what are we actually looking at? Cos at first glance it looks like his bumhole, but I thought "no, she wouldn't do that, that's rude". And then when you take a second/closer look, you can see a tongue and possibly eyes and I think "Maybe he 'bumhole' is in fact an 'ear hole'."