Sunday, April 23, 2006

I better update before no one checks my blog anymore! Sorry guys!
I just got home from Brianna and Robert's house, where I spent most of the day painting the Harry Potter bathroom. We got about half of it done today, the hardest part at least. We painted all of the walls like old stone bricks, and I got a nice start on the enchanted ceiling. There's a full moon at Hogwarts tonight, boys and girls. Tonight, and every night as it is painted there in acrylics. We're going to finish the rest in 2 weeks, and I can't wait to see it finished. So far though, I have to say it looks even better than I thought it would! Gotta remember to take some pictures.
I've spent the past two nights at home by myself, and I have to say it was sooooo nice. Just hanging out with nothing to do and nowhere I had to be. I was planning on going shopping both Friday and Saturday nights, but I am so glad I didn't. Kane had plans with friends both nights, so I just unpacked a little more and watched some movies and some VH1 Teen Star specials. I think I need to spend more time home just relaxing, so should Kane. We have been so busy for like a whole month, we both need a little peace and calm.
It's starting to get too hot here in Arizona already. It makes me very misty for spring in New Jersey, for lots of breezy, warm days and flowers and that earthy, garden smell that everyone's lawn has at this time of year. And rain. I really miss rain. Anyway, Lani, if you're reading this, know that I am so so jealous of you right now! Good luck in your apartment search and if you can, please try to get to Red Bank for the day and wander around a bit for me. Go to Jack's Music and have a salad and some chocolate cake at the Broadway Diner. Buy some cheesy retro stuff at Backwards glances and maybe go see a show at the Count Basie. I'll be there with you in spirit.
Okay, I better go wash some of this paint out of my hair and pick out a movie for me and Kane to watch tonight. Maybe Heathers. I'm in a Heathers mood, I think.

2 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

I totally need a day in Red Bank right now. I want that comfortable feeling; that "home" feeling. Damn.
I'd really like a day at Deep Cut Park, sitting in the grass hunting for four leaf clovers. I know that smell you're talking about and it would really make things feel better. Let's just go. Pack your shit, it's go time. Screw this Arizona shit.

Actions and Consequences said...

I want to see pictures!
Your sister should just say to the hell with it and go get married at Deep Cut Park.