Thursday, March 16, 2006

Well, today I start my search for a new place to live. We have to be quick though, since we have to give our move-out notice, oh, TODAY. Yesterday I found out that my apartment complex raised our rent by about $150 a month, so since it would now cost us over $1000 to live in the same small apartment, we have to get out now (or in 30 days from now to be exact) or be locked into a lease that we can't afford. Ugh. I hate apartments anyway.
But it will be okay. Kane's sister is a real estate agent, and she's on the job looking for condos and houses for rent, and Brianna is coming over today to help with the search. It will be fun, as long as we don't look in Scottsdale. I don't think I can afford Scottsdale anymore, the rents here have all gotten really high.
Well, on the plus side, I do hate my downstairs neighbor here, so that would be a plus with leaving, and I am getting a pretty nice raise (which I think should start with tomorrow's paycheck, I hope!) so that will help with all the moving fees and junk. Thank god. But either way, I dread moving. So not fun. But I can be secure in the fact that someday I will have a home of my own, and I won't have to worry about this type of shit anymore.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Trish - sorry to hear about your moving woes. However, might I suggest something in the area of, oh, I don't know... 7th Ave. and Bell? Just kidding. Actually no I'm not. Good luck though. I'm sure you'll find something way nicer for way less rent. And let me know when the big move is - I'll be there to help!

Lisa Armsweat said...

Trish, I can't get into my blog! I get the 403 message. Can you get into it or do you think my blog is (gulp)...gone... or permanently damaged? Yikes!!

Naynayfazz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Naynayfazz said...

The rents in Red Bank are not much cheaper. I live in a small one bedroom and pay almost $1200!!! I want to get a bigger place but anything around here is $1200 and up! The closer to town you go, the more you pay. I feel your pain, I really do. Good luck with the search. I noticed the blog was written over a week ago, so hopefully by now you have found something.