Saturday, December 10, 2005

Rest easy, citizens. Officer Trish is on the job.


Today at work I caught a shoplifter!!! Yeah, this lady totally put a bunch of crap in her bag, and I called her on it. She tried to act like,"Oh, I must have put this in my bag by mistake...", but she was totally stealing. I was like, "Bitch! Don't gimme none a dat trifle-ass bullshit!". Anyway, my bosses were so pleased with me they gave me a $100 bonus on the spot, as thanks for paying such close attention. I told them they really didn't have to, since the stuff the lady was stealing was only about $50, but they gave me the bonus anyway. I love my job.
The ironic thing is, this happens the day after I inadvertantly stole something from Ikea, a $2.99 pack of plastic jewels. They were in the bottom of my cart, and I didn't see them when I was putting my stuff up on the conveyer belt thing. Then when we got outside and we took our bags out of the cart I saw them. I felt guilty about it, but I figured to go back in for $2.99 when they were closing, it just wasn't worth it. But maybe today's events were to teach me a lesson! Thanks universe, lesson learned, and pockets lined.
:)

4 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

Great job! I picture you body slamming that lady to the ground while screaming "THIEF! THIEF!" and your bosses all standing around applauding and throwing $100 bills at you for your bravery. I love the photo, by the way. You make an awe-inspiring pig.
I am all moved in and yes, even my computer is all hooked up again! I am very happy. :)

Robert said...

Did you slap the cuffs on them and read them thier rights? Did you take a photo of the person and stick it up on the wall to warn future employees? I can just picture you getting rough with them.

That's awesome that you got a bonus out of it. That was really awesome of your boss.

Actions and Consequences said...

I accidently stole a cup of coffee once. I was really busy in thought. I only have enough money on me to pay for the coffee. I didn't realize it till about 10 minutes when I thought WOW I have extra money..wait..wait when did I pay? Oh shit. So I worked an entire shift and went back and paid for it. They thought I was crazy.

Matthew said...

Nicely done.

Why is it that Diana caught people stealing and was rewarded and you caught people stealing and were rewarded and when I caught people stealing I got jack? Frickin' Barnes & Noble bastards ...