Friday, January 14, 2005

So this is new for me: I started a painting about a year ago and didn't finish it (like usual), but recently I actually went back to it and finished it. I have the problem where if I don't finish a painting all at once, I never go back to it, like I can't get into the right mindset to do it. But not this time, buddy. Uh-uh. I'm proud to say that the painting is now on display in my bathroom. Tickets are $5, but it's an extra $3 to take a pee. I think I should credit my renaissance to listening to the soundtrack of "The Phantom Of The Opera" almost non-stop. Back when I used to paint all the time (and had no bills and no job and was in high school...) I used to listen to the soundtrack to the Broadway show all the time, and it inspired me. The music is just so beautiful and lush. The movie soundtrack is even better, because there's no Michael Crawford. I just can't take that guy's voice seriously. So thanks, new Phantom, for inspiring me. And also, thanks for having a nice area where your neck meets your chest. Does that spot have a name? I like it.

3 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

You guys can't see it, but the painting is cool. It's very Harlequin and pink and it has some swirly-things and a black and white lady. (Yes, I know. I have a gift for description. You're welcome.)
New Phantom for President in 2008!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen the English Patient? Ralph Fiennes in that movie has a thing for that spot where "your neck meets your chest" and he's wondering if there's a name for it. Eventually someone tells him what it is, but I don't remember now. I could Google it for you, but instead I'm admitting that I like the English Patient.

Little Silver Stars said...

I've never seen "The English Patient", but I did enjoy when Willow on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" referred to a chained-up and unable-to-bite-anyone Spike as "The undead English Patient".
Yeah, I don't think counts either!