Thursday, October 28, 2004

Today Kane and I went to the Halloween store to try and find a witch hat for me for Halloween. I originally was going to be a blue fairy, but I couldn't find a dress that was plain blue. Then I was going to be a bat, because I found these really cool purple and black wings. Then I found a really really cute black dress at the mall, and it's sort of witchy, so now I'm being a witch. I can never make up my mind ever. But I do know that this year I have to be something that people won't ask "What are you supposed to be?". Last year I was the chick from "Pirates of the Carribbean" and I worked so hard to sew my costume and make the necklace with the coin on it, and Kane had a perfect Jack Sparrow costume and we were next to each other the whole night, and people still thought I was Cinderella. Fuck that. This year, as long as I can find a witch hat, everyone will know at a quick glance what I'm supposed to be. So this year it's nothing but drinking and more drinking, uniterrupted by stupid questions.
Anyway, my whole point is, does anyone sell just plain old black witch hats?? All of them were either leopard print or zebra striped or covered in all kinds of shit. I'd settle for one covered in bats and spiders and crap, but not for $30. I did find a really cool little 50's looking hat with a big spider on top and thought that would be cool, but then I remembered it would bring me right back to the "What are you supposed to be?" problem.
Maybe I should just forget the whole thing and be Donatella Versace, like I originally planned. She's scarier than anything I've ever seen.

1 comment:

Lisa Armsweat said...

Last year, I didn't think you were Cinderella. I thought you were Salt N' Peppa's friend Spindarella.
But hey, we all get confused at this time of year. Confused, and toasted. Nicely toasted.