Sunday, February 18, 2007

Welcome to the Hotel Cal-I-Fornia!

Actually we didn't stay at the Hotel California, we stayed at Robert's friend Laurie's house! And I must say it was beautiful. We went to Cali from the 9th to the 12th, and I really did not want to come back to AZ. It was so good to see green landscape and actual trees again! We went to LA, went to a Dead Man's Party show, and spent an afternoon in Newport Beach. All in all it was a very relaxing vacation, and good to finally see big bad L.A. that I always hear so much about. Well, the verdict is, it ain't so bad. It was much smaller than I pictured it, and I think it's more ghetto in West Phoenix than anywhere there.
So anyway, here's some pictures from the trip!

Here's me and Kane, on Laurie's back patio very early in the morning. We both look tired, but check out Laurie's view! Schweet!

One of the many rooms in Laurie's house. I want her to decorate my place someday!!

Me and Brianna made many friends during our short stay in Newport Beach.

My one and only picture of the Hollywood sign. This was taken from Brianna's car while speeding through downtown LA. It was actually hard to find a place to take a picture of the sign, but I kind of felt like I needed one anyway.

This is PJ. She was a very sweet and entertaining hostess.

Please ignore the bad picture of the power lines, but this is Sierra Madre, where I totally want to move to! Tree lined streets and mountain views and a cute little area that looks like Red Bank, NJ. It felt like home somehow. The clouds are kind of covering the mountain, but it looked really cool.

Here I am with Robert, Brianna and Laurie, laughing about how the bobcat that lives in Laurie's back yard had just dragged off a baby. Well, people shouldn't just leave those things laying around!
Well, enough pictures. I have to finish stringing a necklace for work now, even though it is late and I should be in bed. Oh well.
OH! Our movie, No. 12 is on the On The Lot website!!! For those of you who haven't heard of it, On The Lot is a reality show/competition for young filmmakers. I think it airs in the spring, and they're going to start selecting contestants soon. If you have time, please log on and put up some comments! (Preferrably good ones!!) Thanks bitches!

1 comment:

Naynayfazz said...

Great pictures. The scenery is beautiful. I like LA when I went there but I did expect something so different. I was able to get a picture of the sign while on one of those cheesy tours.